Pagina's

dinsdag 22 juli 2014

Crea-Sandra's crafty tutorial world - Creating an accordion card

Hi all!

Today, I would like to show you how to create an accordion card. 

Supplies
- Nestabilities Label 1 die 
- Card stock: 3.5" x 10.5" and 3.5" x  7"
- Chipboard for the front and back.
If you don't have chipboard (like me) you can also adhere 2 pieces of heavy weight card stock together.
- Patterned paper of your choice
- Ribbon
- Robyn's Fetish image: Christmas Meeces
This set contains 6 images and I used 4 of them on this card.
- Copic Markers or another coloring medium of your choice.
- Strong adhesive
- Embellishments to decorate your card



Cut out 4 pieces of heavy weight card stock, or 2 pieces of chipboard with your Nestabilities label 1 die.



Adhere 2 pieces of heavy weight card stock together.



Take the big piece of card stock (3.5" x 10.5") and score it at 3.5" and 7".
Score the small piece at 3.5".



Crease your folds really well.



The big piece should be folded mountain valley style. 



Cover the right part of the small piece with strong adhesive.



Adhere the large strip to the smaller strip.



This is how it should look at this point.



Now you can start coloring your images. I decided to cut them out with a circle die first, but of course that is completely up to you. I used my Copic Markers to color the images, and I used the following.
Mice: C00, C0, C2, C5
Ears and nose: R20, R22
Clothes: BG72, BG75, BG78
Gifts: YG93, YG95, YG97
Ribbons: R24, R27, R29



When I am coloring multiple images of the same kind, I like to color in sections. First I colored all the mice and then the ears on all images, etc. 



Here are my colored images.



Cut some kraft card stock that is 1/8" smaller than one panel of the accordion, and add some patterned paper that is another 1/8" smaller



Now you can decorate them. Make sure they are not too bulky with embellishments, otherwise your card won't close.



Adhere your panels to the accordion.



Adhere your accordion to the back piece.



It should look like this.



Cover your front piece with patterned paper if you want. Do not glue your image to it yet. Also, cut a piece of ribbon that is about 4 times the width of your card.



Adhere your ribbon to the front piece. Make sure the right end is long enough to tie a bow when your card is closed.



Adhere your front piece to the accordion.



This is how it looks right now.



Now you can add your image and decorate the front.



This is my finished project!
















This was my tutorial, I hope you like it. I also hope I was able to inspire you with this tutorial and that you will give it a try!

Hugs,

Sandra

3 opmerkingen:

Unknown zei

Wat een superleuke kaart! Die ga ik meteen maken deze week!

Wendy Nicola Jackson zei

Fab tutorial Sandra, love the accordion card! Very clever and brilliant idea. Hugs, Wends x

Edwina zei

Fantastic tutorial! I love it! I'll have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown